A few months ago, I wrote about the first meeting of the personal board of directors of my friend and mentee, a brilliant, talented musician. This young music entrepreneur has assembled a personal board of directors with a wide range of experience:
• An internationally famous professional musician
• A retired business executive
• A retired media executive
• Her boyfriend/life partner, also an early-stage professional musician
• Me, a lawyer, life coach and former arts executive who knows a thing or two about creating career success in the music world
Whereas our first meeting was a general discussion of how our young musician could launch her career, this meeting has a very specific goal: to provide feedback on her applications to university teaching positions.