Think about the last time you were at a party and had the opportunity to observe a lot of people in action:
- Who dominated the conversation and put a premium on being right and convincing others to go along with his solutions?
- How about the serious person who rather cautiously talked in precise detail?
- And how about the person who was bursting with enthusiasm and could not wait to tell you her great idea?
- Who walked into the room and began by introducing herself to others, spending time with each person to establish a connection?
These are examples of 4 different communication styles:
- Driver: the person who takes charge and wants solutions;
- Analytical: the person who values accuracy and details;
- Expressive: the idea person; and
- Amiable: the person who prioritizes relationships.